What the HELL is this blog about?

Hi. I consider myself hispanic. I act white. It's something I've learned to live with.
My blogs tell the story of an incredibly awkard, shy, neurotic, hispanic-white-acting, boyfriendless seventeen-year-old trying to fit into the world of being a "normal" teenager.... in a very, very white town.

Monday, October 5, 2009

order of the race rainbow in my house.

I went out of state for the weekend. It was my cousin's QuinceaƱera----which they celebrated in the Little-Town-of-Nowhere.
It was cute.
Kind of made me regret not having one...except not. I had too many White friends and not enough Hispanics. Damn.
Later, my aunt found a picture of me and J in my camera. Damn x2.
"I saw your picture! I didn't know you liked black guys! Is he your boyfriend?"
Uhhhhhh. My brain is kind of frozen for a second. "Who?"
"The guy! The guy in your picture!"
Oh. Him... Wait. What?
"NO! He's like my best friend!" I spit out. J is like my best friend. Ever since sophomore year. But you know, it's not like I haven't thought about going out with him.
"Oh," my aunt laughs, "and here I was having a mini freak out...I was like 'Oh my god, she's into blacks!'" She proceeds to give me the same talk the rest of the family has already given me about how I should handle my life.
You know the talk, right? Be safe. Focus on the future. Don't go hoe-ing around.

...

Maybe not exactly in that context, but you know what I mean.
So, as she rants about the same thing I've heard millions of times (i.e.: You want your career to be related to art? WHHHATTT? You should be an accountant. They would earn more. ), I sit there and think about how prejudice my family is.
If you were to walk in my shoes for a day, you'd hear them complain about how white and black people are this and that and how Asians are just there on the side-lines.
It's kind of funny, really.
Kind of.
You see, this is how it 'works'(NOTICE THE QUOTE, UNQUOTE) in my household:
1. White people think Hispanics are annoying vermin who come and take jobs away.
2. Hispanics think White people are lazy fat people who complain but are
unwilling to work for it, and the Black people demand respect they haven't even
earned.
3. Black people cause more chaos, steer clear of White people and
get along with Hispanics a little better....and sometimes, they prefer Asians
over Whites.
4. Asians are like the best friends of the Hispanics and
intermediate in the human rainbow of colors. They are also the one's who live
longer. Everyone loves Asians.
5. Others are the other races people forget.
In other words: Other races don't really exist in my household.


My parent's are worried with which part of the rainbow I will choose for life. I am worried about how big...our family will be. We have a lot of family already, you know?

In the end, we're all nuts and it won't matter who I will end up with because I'm pretty sure I'll choose a Jew...
Which apparently is a race all on it's own now. (Oh my god. Ignorant people. Tisk, tisk. What has gone wrong with the world?)
Or I'll turn lesbian if I don't find a him soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment