What the HELL is this blog about?

Hi. I consider myself hispanic. I act white. It's something I've learned to live with.
My blogs tell the story of an incredibly awkard, shy, neurotic, hispanic-white-acting, boyfriendless seventeen-year-old trying to fit into the world of being a "normal" teenager.... in a very, very white town.

Monday, October 12, 2009

build your own edward cullen!

It's becoming narrower as we speak. The hole/chance/window of opportunity to be taken is quickly closing in. Soon everyone will have someone to talk about, to be with, to be happy with... and me?
Why, I'll fall back into my hall-glance-romances, of course.
Quick side note. For those of you who don't know what a
hall-glance-romance is, let me tell you: it's when you almost always catch a
certain someone's eye in the hallway and there's a mutual yet strange
understanding that there could have been something between you two even though
you've never spoken a word to each other...
God. I hate those.
But, the question here really is, when is my deadline?
ERRRR. OK, STOP.
YOU: Why do you have a deadline? There is no deadline to get a boyfriend in the real world. That just sounds like a bunch of high school bullshit...
Me: Well, it is indeed high school bullshit, but seeing as I'm still in high school, this is something for me to be concerned about...
Uber sigh.
It's happening. They're all getting taken. My options are falling like birds shot out of the sky. It happens every year, you know? Then the single ones left can't even date each other because the only people left are left for a certain reason. Either they're too shy, too immature, too annoying, or too afraid to even be in a relationship.
Things get annoying when this window of courtship closes and hanging out as friends soon becomes hanging out as couples and a third wheels becomes an awkward turtle.
OK, I know, I know:
You: Dating should not be considered a social test or a new trend. You should date because you like someone and feel comfortable with them.
Me: OK, I see your point. But try telling that to all the super insecure people of the world and see what they feel like. See how much they feel like an outcast and sometimes feel persecuted for not keeping up with this 'trend'. See how it hurts to be left out just because you don't have a 'someone' and how you get ridiculed when you confess to having little to no experience with this sort of thing.
You: ...
Me: Exactly. And in case you still don't understand, here's an example out of many that happened to me through my years at my school::
"So, you, me, and Justin should all go to the fair with our respected partners [that's right, this kid takes himself so seriously that he used respected partners in a sentence]," said Ray to Alisa at the lunch. I knew it was a group date. I knew I wasn't invited. I knew I wouldn't have anyone to go with. I knew I should have kept my mouth shut.
But I didn't.
I just wasn't thinking up to speed with the words propelling out of my mouth.
"The fair?? I want to go to the fair!"
Ray immediately shoots a stare at Alisa that tells me I am definitely NOT invited.
I knew I wasn't. I was just expressing the fact that I wanted to go. I wasn't inviting myself. But he took it that way.
Dammit.
I really need to go to the store and buy me a boyfriend.
A tall one. Not too skinny. Big enough to wrap his arms around me and keep me warm in the cold. Preferably with curly dark hair. Gorgeous blue or green eyes. Athletic...GOSH they should come in catalogs so I can order one custom made.
Ha. Build-Your-Own-Edward-Cullen.
Copyrighted to me, understand?

1 comment: